About Us‎ > ‎Announcements‎ > ‎

College Bound Seniors: Apply for Financial Aid NOW!

posted Oct 6, 2016, 9:52 AM by Brenda Turner
Families of college bound seniors should plan to complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after October 1st.  This year students and parents will use "prior prior" tax information in completing the 2017-2018 FAFSA.  This means that tax return info from 2015 will be used on this year's form. 

It is suggested that families apply using the online FAFSA form.  It is designed to make completing the FAFSA as fast and easy as possible.  A FAFSA on the Web Worksheet is available to help organize information before beginning the online form.  A copy of the worksheet has been attached to this announcement.  FYI~the student and parent must each apply for an FSA ID which will serve as their electronic signatures.  (If a student/family does not have internet access, a full paper version FAFSA is available in the Guidance Office--please do not mail in just the Web Worksheet.)  

Any specific questions regarding a student or parents finances and how it should be reported on a specific FAFSA question should be directed to either a college Financial Aid Office or by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4FED-AID.  
Brenda Turner,
Oct 6, 2016, 9:52 AM