Through a partnership with local businesses and industries and full approval of the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Pathfinder is able to provide a Cooperative Education Program for eligible juniors and seniors who meet established high standards of achievement, attendance, work readiness and interest. These students will spend their technical training week in a real world career setting in their chosen field. This experience is an extension of their education, and students do receive a grade from their employers based on the competencies they acquire. They then follow their regular academic schedule on the alternate week. Students are eligible for this program mid junior year and throughout the entire senior year.
Qualifications for Program:
For a complete listing, please view the Student Handbook.
- For the previous trimester, must have a 2.0 GPA (74) average or better in all academic classes and have no failures.
- A minimum of a 2.3 GPA (77) in related theory and shop.
- Have a good attendance and discipline record.
- Be at least 16 years of age and have a minimum of 1,000 documented hours in their technical area.
- Have an OSHA-10 Hour card and other relevant safety certifications.