Are you looking for conscientious, skilled, and knowledgeable employees for your organization? For over 40 years Pathfinder has been preparing students for entry level employment. If your employment needs are in any of the following areas, we would appreciate an appointment to discuss the possibility of placing a student within your business.
The employer agrees to:
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Provide the school with a current Certificate of Worker Compensation Insurance.
- Have the student work the hours equal to the school’s schedule, usually 30 hours (5 day week), as a minimum. Start and end times do not have to match with the school’s schedule.
- Assist in the development and provide a work experience as outlined in the Work-Based Learning Plan.
- Follow all state and federal labor laws* as they apply to 16 and 17 year old students. They limit work to a maximum of 48 hours, 6 days per week, and no more than 9 hours per day (between 6:00 A.M. and 10:00 P.M. on nights preceding a regularly scheduled school day). The type of work a student performs may also be limited*. State and Federal Labor Laws
- Pay the student at a rate commensurate with your company’s policy.
- Be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and be non-discriminatory in hiring and recruitment practices (Chapter 622, TITLE IX, and SECTION 504 of the REHABILITATION ACT).
- Agree to have any employee supervising the student undergo a CORI check (criminal records check) as required by state law.
- Evaluate the student on a weekly basis.
- Have periodic meetings with the Vocational Director to review the student’s progress.
- Complete a state required Work-Based Learning Plan evaluation ~ 2 to 4 times per year.