The Culinary Arts Program is an ACFEF certified program designed to provide the students with a strong culinary foundation and practical skills necessary to succeed in the Food Service Industry. Graduates will acquire documented proficiencies in front of the house and back of the house activities. This program prepares students for a wide variety of entry-level positions in the Food Service Industry.
What to Expect
- That all students comprehend the importance of, and practice safety in the kitchen.
- That all students demonstrate the highest standards of personal hygiene and sanitation in the kitchen.
- That all students are provided the necessary work experience and skills for successful entry into the Food Service industry through on-the-job training in the shop.
- That all students are provided related instruction so that they develop a deeper knowledge of the arts and sciences of food preparation and service.
- That all students are made aware of the opportunities for post-secondary education and other related areas in the Food Service industry.
- Knife Skills
- Equipment Identification
- Knife Skills II
- Fruits Identification
- Vegetables Identification
- Garde Manger
- International Cuisine
- Beef, Veal, Lamb, Pork & Poultry
- ServSafe Certification
- Stocks & Sauces
- Baking & Pastry I
- Dining Room Service
- Dry & Moist Cooking Methods
- Baking & Pastry II
- Breakfast & Egg Cookery
- Dairy & Cheese Identification
- Flavor Development & Flavorings
- Seafood & Shellfish
- Menu Planning & Design
- Salads & Dressing
Skill's you will learn
- Fundamental baking and pastry
- Cake decorating
- Breads, rolls, and yeast products
- Quick breads, muffins scones and popovers
- Desserts, pies, cakes, pate choux and assorted cookies
- Fruit preparation
- Special parties and functions
- Bake cart management / Cashier skills
- Students will learn cash register and math skills.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism, including, reliability, honesty, responsibility, and ethics.
- Advanced food production skills
- International; cookery & classical cuisine
- Garde Manger
- Introduction Dining room service
- Menu planning
- Meat & poultry cookery
- Seafood Cookery
- Stocks, soups, & sauces
- Fundamentals of food production
- Breakfast cookery
- Food service safety and sanitation
- Soup preparation
- Line service
- Scullery and pot washing
- Vegetable preparation
Food & Beverage Management:
- Ordering / Inventory
- Daily Profit & Loss Statements
- Word Processing
- Receiving & Storage
- Business Math / Food Costing